Argonaut Cycle Coaching is based in Canberra, Australia. We provide coaching services to competitive and recreational cyclists from U19 to masters level.
Coaching Experience and QualificationsHead coach – Jason Mahoney
- Accredited Level 2 Cycling Australia Coach
- Full time cycling coach with over 14 years involvement in cycling, time trials and triathlon.
- Canberra Cycling Club Development Squad Coach (2008 – 2010)
- ACT Junior Nationals Team – Coach (2010), Assistant Coach (2008)
- Our aim is to provide professional coaching services to every athlete.
- We use the latest training techniques to bring you quality periodised training programs, bike fitting and testing services.
- Provide specific training plans to meet predetermined season goals
- Each athlete is unique and we build unique training plans to meet each riders needs.
- Communication between athlete and coach the key element in the coaching process.
Rider Results (open, state, national events and tours)
Having a coach you can trust is vital but having a coach you can trust AND who can help you get top results is even more important. Over the years Argonaut Cycle Coaching clients have amassed an impressive palmares including:
- Silver medal at the UCI World Tour Finals
- Silver medal at Oceania Road Cycling Championships
- 4 podium places in regional tours outside of Australia
- 5 medals at Australian Masters Championships, including one gold medal
- 32 State Championship medals, including 19 gold medals
- 2 Australian National Road Series podium finishes and 1 Queen of the Mountains Jersey
- 26 podium results in state 'open' events, plus 4 "fastest Times' and 2 GC winners
- 15 podium places in club championship events or local tours
- Over 75 top 10 places in other major events (as above)