Performance Testing Services
Do you want to maximise the benefits of your training?
HR/Power Test - $80
Lactate Test - $105
If so, you need to know your optimal training zones.!
LACTATE TESTING SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE - They will not resume until late 2017.
Argonaut Cycle Coaching we provide several testing options to accurately determine your zones, with each test designed to meet a different purpose. The tests we conduct are:
- Maximum Heart Rate Test
- Maximum Aerobic Power Test
- Lactate Test
Tests and Costs
Maximal Heart Rate or Maximum Aerobic Power (MAP) test
This test is sometimes called a "Ramp" test and involves completing a set of increasingly difficult 1 minute work stages that is design to keep your heart rate going up until you cannot physically complete any further work stages.
- Duration - 1 hour, including warm up, test, cool down and report
- Cost - $80
We are one of the few places in Canberra that conducts blood lacate testing for cyclists. A lactate test is similar to the Aerobic Performance test, however it involves longer work periods and includes testing blood lactate levels at the end of each period. The lactate results are then plotted to identify your individual lactate and anaerobic thresholds. From these your own personalised training zones (heart rate or power) are established.
All of our tests are completed using a Tacx Fortius trainer, which is capable of simultaneously recording power, heart rate, cadence and speed for each of your tests. The trainer is connected to a computer which controls the resistance through a very powerful motor-brake - which can simulate gradients of up to 20%. The power recorded by this trainer is regularily calibrated using a SRM power meter.
- Duration - 1 to 1.5 hours, including warm up, test, cool down and report
- Cost - $105.00 test (includes cost of test strips)
What to Bring
Please bring the following items to your performance testing session
- Riding Clothes
- Existing Bike (road and TT bikes only - sorry, no mountain bikes)
- Water Bottle
- Post Session Snack
Make a Booking
All of our testing sessions are done by appointment in order to provide you with the best possible experience.We cater for appointments at the following times:
- Tuesday & Thursday => 11:00am - 1:00pm and 6:00-7:00pm
- Wednesday => 9:30am - 1:00pm
- Friday => 9:30am - 1:00pm and 6:00-7:00pm
- Weekends: Times vary each week. (nb:weekend times usually book out 1-2 months in advance due to racing and coaching committments)
To book an appointment, either complete the booking form below, or phone us on 0437-972-768. Once you have completed the booking form we will contact you to confirm the details of your appointment.